American Institute of Sindhulogy (AIS) is seeking enthusiastic individual(s) to assist with the exciting programs AIS is promoting.
AIS is a non-political, non-religious, non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of knowledge of the ancient Harappan (Indus) Civilization – Sindhu-Saraswati and other ancient civilizations including Ganga, Yamuna, Brahmaputra, Kaveri and their lasting contribution to world civilization for equality, liberty, justice for all, non-violence, peaceful co-existence and protection of environment.
Interns will be working directly with the President and Directors of AIS. Interns will work for 20 hours per week. This is an unpaid internship.
- Duties will include: proof reading, editing, writing press releases, announcements and writing for grants.
- Attending and preparing reports on educational programs
- Assisting with updating email addresses for mass mailings
- Maintaining website and using social media to extend the awareness of AIS
- Helping Executive Director prepare for presentations to universities and students
- Writing weekly reports
- Organizing and preparing material for events to bring in donations
We encourage our interns to actively participate in think tanks, Human Rights groups and community events.
Intern should have good communication skills. Good writing and editing skills are necessary in this position. Computer skills must be good, knowledge off Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required. Prior experience in preparing presentations and knowledge of other tools to create sharp presentations will be helpful. Prior experience is marketing using social media a big plus.
If you have an interest in different cultures, archaeology, history and civilizations of the world then this internship would be very beneficial in your future career goals.
Interns must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree program.
So, come join us in educating the world about this rich civilization by promoting our programs using education, travel and play.
Please visit the other parts of this website and learn more about AIS and its projects.